I though I would never find a recipe that my guy would like, but this one he loved! The beef is delicious with not just a spicy flavor, but a great flavor with a kick to it.
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I am posting it here so I can easily come back to it to impress my guy again.
- 1 (4 pound) beef bottom round roast or other lean roast
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, or to taste
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- Trim the roast of any excess fat, and cut into four pieces. Rub with black pepper, and place into slow cooker. Add all ingredients. Pour in enough water to cover 1/3 of the roast.
- Cover, and cook on High until the meat begins to fall apart, about 8 hours. Add water if needed to keep the roast from drying out.
- Turn the slow cooker to Low, and remove meat to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Shred the meat into bite-sized pieces using two forks. Return the meat to the slow cooker; cook about 20 minutes to reheat before serving.
If you’re unsure of how spicy you want this, start with 1/2 can chipotles. If you cut the recipe in 1/2 (2 pound roast) keep everything except the chipotles the same. Use 1/4 can chipotles.
We used this shredded beef in tacos and served with rice. It really is good!